Monday, April 6, 2009

RACE USDAA trial April 4-5, 2009

What are the food people thinking taking me to agility 2 weekends in a row?? Just kidding, I was more than happy to go and play agility again this weekend. The only thing I wasn't happy about was getting up so early Saturday morning to leave.

So, here is a rundown of my weekend:

Run 1 - Advanced Standard: There was an itty bitty, teeny tiny chute. The food lady tried to call me off the teeny tiny chute but I chose not to listen to her. I almost got stuck. Got my weave entrance, didn't knock any bars. I think I had an off course jump at the end.

Run 2 - Advanced Gamblers: I did the teeter twice????? I don't like when the food lady makes courses up. :) The gamble was too much for me so we didn't get it. But it was fun anyhow.

Run 3 - Advanced Pairs: I got to play pairs with my friend Alex again. We always have a good time. However, I guess because I took an extra jump at the end of my half of the run it didn't count. Bummer. Good thing Alex didn't get mad at me. We had fun though. I got my weave entrance and didn't knock any bars!

Run 4 - Advanced Snooker: I really don't like Snooker. It's way too herky jerky and doesn't make sense. I knocked the first red jump and the food lady got all confused and just stood there. Since she didn't tell me what to do, I decided to do some jumps on my own accord. Then the judge blew his whistle and our game was over. Oh well.

Run 5 - Advanced Jumpers; OK, really?? 5 runs in a day??? I was so very tired by the time I had to run. But I mustered up enough energy to run clean and get a 2nd place behind Captain Jack.

After the trial, we went to my Aunt Whitney's. Guess what we did? Yep, ran around in the yard like maniacs. No one told me I had to get up early again the next day.

Sunday Runs

Run 1 - Advanced Standard: Knocked a bar and I didn't get the upside contact on the Dogwalk. I don't know how they expect a big ole dog like me to hit it. Oh well. I did get my weaves though

Run 2 - Advanced Gamblers: this was a fun run but the teeter twice again??? Fun stuff. I decided to hang out on the top of the AFrame for awhile too. You know, take in the scenery. I was still doing my gamble when the buzzer went off, but that's OK.

Run 3 - Advanced Snooker: Alright, I was so stinking tired by this run I barely got through it. I think I had the slowest 1st place Snooker Q in history.

Run 4 - Advanced Jumpers: You thought I was tired for Snooker, I was even more tired for this. I dropped a bar, but that's OK. I was such a good boy.

So all in all the food lady was really happy with how I did this weekend. I had really good start lines (I let the food lady take really long lead outs for once), I got all my weave entrances and didn't pop any poles and I only dropped a few bars.

No agility trials for a couple weeks. Thank goodness. I need to catch up on some much needed beauty rest. I think we are going to Grandma's this weekend so Ryder and I can swim to our hearts content. That will be great. I really miss the lake.

1 comment:

Chops said...

No worries Fergus, I would take the extra obstacles too if I could. It was so much fun running with you again.