Monday, April 27, 2009

Contact Sports USDAA trial April 25-26, 2009

Another fun weekend with the food people and my dog friends :)

Here is a rundown of my runs (keep in mind it was hot out and I was really tired since I refused to take a nap on Friday, I was too busy working on my tan)

Saturday

Run 1: Steeplechase: This was sooooo much fun. I nailed my entrance on the weaves and moved through them fairly quickly for being at a trial (you all know how much the weaves stress me out at trials) then there were a bunch of jumps and get this, the weaves - AGAIN. What???? I already did these food lady. I missed my entrance since surely I would never be asked to do weave poles TWICE in one run. The food lady sent me back and I finished them. As we were finishing the run the food lady raced ahead of me and I tried to catch and I knocked a bar. That's OK though, it was lots of fun to run

Run 2: Advanced Gamblers: I don't really like this game. Why is the food lady sending me away from her? She worked so hard teaching me stay WITH her now she is asking me to go away? I don't think so food lady. :)

Run 3: Grand Prix: This course was really tough. It was fun though, I ran against some really awesome dogs. As I landed after the 3rd jump I thought someone had dropped some cheese on the floor so I had to check, it was nothing and I continued on. I ran clean but did not get a qualifier. That's OK, the food lady and I worked really well together on that course.

Run 4: Advanced Standard: More weave poles? Come on lady, you should know by now that I only have 2 sets of weaves in me a day and I had already done 3 sets. I sucked it up though and got my weaves, hit my contacts and didn't drop any bars. Q for the F dog :)

After we left the trial we went to my Aunt Whitney's house. Ryder and I did lots of wrestling and next thing you know we are both covered in blood. One of us must have bit our tongue. Oops. We are OK though. Early to bed, we had a big day on Sunday.

Sunday
Run 1: Advanced Gamblers: This is not my best subject as I explained earlier. This time the gamble was a tunnel, teeter, jump, triple. I spent an enormous amount of time on my second Aframe pass. The angle is a bit too steep for me in USDAA and I am not nearly as efficient on this Aframe as the lower one I am used to. But get this, I got the gamble and got my first Advanced Gambler's Q. yea!!

Run 2: Advanced Standard: Another tough course with a hard weave entrance, I broke my stay at the start line (oops, I was just tired of waiting) so the food lady wasn't in position, and I went really wide, I did save the entrance though and got all my weaves. I was running and running and then there was that really tall Aframe again. I spent several seconds mountain goating before my descent and it cost a lot of time. I ran clean but was .22 seconds overtime. Too much farting around on the Aframe :)

Run 3: Advanced Pairs: This game is so much fun. I always get to run with my friends. Today I ran with Remi, Alex and Abby's little brother. We had so much fun, and I really made the food lady mad. I had the Aframe on my half of the course and I didn't fool around this time! Ha ha food lady, that's your payback for making me do all those weave poles yesterday :) Remi and I got our Q and took 2nd place. Thanks Remi!!!

Run 4: Advanced Jumpers: OK, 8 runs? Two days? I was pooped for this one. I ran my little heart out though with the food lady. After my run we ran over to my xpen and I got my dinner. What a great reward for me!!!! I also got a 1st place and a Q.

All in all, it was such a fun weekend. All my friends were there and cheered for me and told me I did a great job. All my dog friends did awesome too.

I think we are going to play agility again this weekend too!!! Ryder gets to play too. I can't wait to cheer him on.

No comments: