Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fox Valley Agility Trial

Another fun weekend was had by all. Friday night the food people took us to my Aunt Whitney and Uncle Grant's house. We got to run wild in the backyard for a couple hours. YAHOO

Saturday morning we got up way too early for my liking. However, little did I know where we were heading: AGILITY. I got to play JWW first with the food lady. I was kind of tired so I wasn't super fast, but I got the job and so did the food lady. I got my very first MXJ leg. Next up was standard. I was running and running, got to the Aframe and I didn't hold my contact. The food lady told me I was very naughty. When I got to the weave poles a couple obstacles later, I smelled something. I had to find out what it was. My eyes bugged out and my nose went a mile in the air. I think it was coming from the judge. I had to check. I waltzed on over to her and gave her a good, long sniff. The food lady was not happy with me. How could she not smell the judge's fart??? That's what it had to be or else she was wearing some pastrami panties or something. :) I finished nicely though and everyone had a good chuckle about the bad smell in the ring.

Saturday night there was a whole mess of dogs playing at the yellow labs house: me, Ryder, Abby, Alex, Remi, Dylan, Rumor, Neo, Wisp, Scout, Zane and Ricochet. We had so much fun running and wrestling in the yard. We were all very tired and most of the humans were loaded.

Back to agility Sunday morning and I was pooped. I decided that I didn't want to hold my start line so the food lady was about an hour late on her front cross and I dropped the bar. However, the rest of my run was really nice and I had really good weave poles. And the judge didn't fart this time thank goodness :) Standard was a little while later and I was ready to run. The food lady once again opened her trap and I knocked the triple. The rest of my run was fantastic and I held all my contacts and got the tough weave entrance. I got a double cheeseburger on the way home

My friend Abby, got her MACh today. It was really special. Everyone was crying and cheering. I am so happy for my Aunt Whitney and Abby. They are a great team and always run fast and clean. Congrats again to my friend Abby Jo Kickass!!!!

Ryder is all recovered and ready to go again. He has 3 AKC trials lined up for May. This weekend we are going to play USDAA agility. Ryder isn't ready for that quite yet so he will get to hang out and eat lots of cheese at the practice jump. Our trainer says Ryder's jumping is getting tons better and they are working on his teeter. I feel kind of bad for him that he didn't get to play this weekend. He will get to play soon and make me proud. I am sure of it. :)

1 comment:

Bitty Brother said...

LMAO at the video... that was friggen great. Congrats on a great weekend.. and sounds like you guys had a blast after the trials! Can't wait to see you all in a couple months!