Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dockdogs, Rosemont - Take 2!

This weekend the food people took me back to my most favorite thing in the world: DOCKDOGS!!! I was so happy on Wednesday when we got out of the car and I saw the pool. It was like an oasis in the middle of the desert. I couldn't contain myself waiting and wondering when I was going to get to jump. Then, the food lady did something UNTHINKABLE. She took Ryder to the dock first. What the??? Who the heck did she think she was taking Ryder up there??? He barks at the pool and runs in circles. He doesn't even know what he is doing.
Anyhow, I forgave the food lady as soon as the food man took me up to the dock. All was right in the world. I was allowed to do a couple of practice jumps and I got to be a demo dog for the training session. I showed them how it was done.
I finally broke 20' indoors for the first time last week. Not that it matters, but it's much harder for some doggies inside than outside. The pool water was also a warm and balmy 39 degrees. Perfect for a hippy lab.
Lots of my dog friends came and jumped too: Marley, Frankie, Rumor and Dylan. They all had a good time. Not sure if they had as much fun as me, but I know they had fun.
On Saturday, Deb, Pam and Sue came to watch me jump. I did something really cool during one of my jumps: I caught my duck!! I have caught my duck in practice a hundred times, but never in competition. There was lots of yelling and cheering for me. You know how much I love the crowd cheering for me.
Sunday were the finals more fans came to see me. This time it was Mary and Kris. I made it into the Semi-Pro finals as the 5th seed. My friend Ollie made the finals too. Ollie finished in 2nd place and I finished in 4th place with a 20' 4" jump.
I had a great time with all my friends and I am anxiously awaiting my next event. I don't think that's going to be for a few months though. The food lady and I are going to be playing lots of agility before the summer starts. I hear Ryder is playing more agility too. But he is still being a goofy puppy and still doesn't like the teeter all that much. It depends on what day of the week it is if he decides to do it or not. Silly Ryder.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You two are gorgeous!