Monday, June 16, 2008

Whew!!! Dockdogs in Dubuque

Alright peeps. Lots of news to share!!
The food people took us to Dubuque, Iowa this weekend
for Dockdogs. I know I don't even need to tell you guys this,
BUT........
IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
The food man and I busted out some huge jumps.
In fact, we busted out 5 Masters jumps this weekend
to earn my Master Jumper National title. WOOT WOOT!!
I beat my personal best jump by 1.5'
I pulled out two 20' 10" jumps this weekend.
All my jumps were over 20' this weekend.
So, without further ado, this is how the food man and I
make it happen!!!
First, he lets me off me leash at the bottom of the stairs.
I race to the top of the stairs to hear and see all my
adoring fans!!!
Then, I run to the end of the dock.
The food man comes up the stairs and we
try really hard to get the crowd going.
Funny thing is though, no matter how much the crowd is yelling,
I can ALWAYS hear the food lady cheering.
She cheered so much for me this weekend that she lost her voice.
The food lady is a great cheerleader.
Next, the food man takes me to the back o the dock.
He makes me sit. I am usually barking at him
by now. Then we HI-FIVE and he tells me to stay.
Most of the time I stay. Sometimes I break my stay
and the food man makes me go back.
Then, I wait for my release......
Next thing I know, I am flying off the dock to chase my duck.


WHOOOO!!! Look at me fly!!!

The food man took Ryder up on the dock too.
He is still too scared to jump.
The food people keep telling him to
put his big boy pants on.
He needs to learn not to be scared.
Dockdogs is fun.

When I wasn't jumping, I rested.
The food lady said this is the first time she has
ever seen me sleep at any event.
I was pretty pooped out though.

Can you believe this?
The food lady hasn't tortured me in a long time.
She decided that I needed to be tortured last night.
Why or why food lady??????


8 comments:

Molly said...

Way to go big guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're very proud of you!

Whitney said...

YEA FERGUS!!!
The food lady was an *awesome* cheer leader!
Dylan is VERY proud of his jumping hippy Lab friend :)
WOOOHHOOOOO!!!

Red Poodle Agility said...

Awesome job Fergus! Not only are you awesome at Dock Dogs, but you tell a great story!

Rossie said...

Great job, Fergus! You rock!

Polly said...

She only tortures you because she loves you so much!! Way to go, FERGUS!

Barb Cote said...

Yeah for Fergus and the food man! You guys rock!

Unknown said...

Great job Fergus. I stumbled across your blog, and just love it! I am a food lady for 3 Goldens of my own.

Congrats on your excellent dock dog jumps!

I'm Gabby said...

Fergus and Ryder, Mom hasn't seen you in so long! How exciting your food lady lets you jump off and FLY like the wind! Maybe you can come to California and teach me!

Gabalicious (and her food lady Vizsladobe)